You are here
Summer Reading Program - Kick Off (Registration Day)
Did You Know This About Summer Reading???
- The goals of the Texas Reading Club are to encourage the children and families of Texas to read for pleasure, to help children maintain and improve their reading skills, to encourage them to become lifelong readers and library users, and to establish reading as a foundation for academic success.
- Research continues to show that when children have the freedom to select books that they want to read, they read more.
- Research also shows that reading during school vacations allows children to maintain and improve reading skills achieved during the academic year.
Registering for Summer Reading
1) Receive some cool incentives just for registering for Summer Reading!
2) Pick up a reading log @ Lillie Russell Memorial Library
3) Turn in completed logs for incentives and prizes!
4) We encourage ALL age’s even parents that read to their children to participate in this fun and exciting Summer Reading Club!
For More Information & Questions
Phone Number: (903)882-1900